Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup soy milk or water + 1 tsp chia seeds
1 large banana, mashed (or sub with 1/2 cup apple sauce)
3/4 cup agave syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 Tbsp virgin coconut oil (or another veggie oil)
4-5 Tbsp peanut butter
fold in: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, vegan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine the chia seeds + liquid, allow to sit and soak for a few minutes until seeds plump.
3. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add in the wet ingredients including the chia seed mixture.
4. Warm the oil and peanut butter in the microwave until soft and liquid in texture. Pour into your batter and fold well. The batter should be about room temperature at this point - you don’t want it too warm or it will melt the chips.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Pour into muffin cups.
7. Bake for about 18 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm.